Monday, December 06, 2010

I'm Back

Hi everyone! I'm back after a long absence. Where have I been you might ask? In July I began to have severe pains in my left hand due to carpal tunnel. I was also experiencing pain in my index finger caused by a compressed nerve. My doctor gave me orders not to cross stitch for a while. Boy was that depressing news! Finally in September I had surgery on my hand and I’ve been in recovery ever since. In mid-November I was given the OK to start stitching again, but only for about 1-2 hours a day. So my days of marathon stitching are over. But I make the most of my 1-2 hours of stitching per day!!

So this is what I had been working on in July and what I have been able to stitch since the end of November. These are my WIP projects:



I’ve made a little more progress on One Nation. I’m trying to get the blue field and stars done before I start stitching on the stripes.



I completed a few more squares on Carres du Printemps by Jardin Prive.



And this is my newest start. It’s Christmas Band Sampler from Little House Needleworks. I’m stitching it on 28 count “Sand” Carolina Linen from Charles Craft. This fabric looks like linen, but it’s an evenweave. I really like stitching on it.


And here are the three projects I’ve been able to finish:



Quaker Cats from VeeandCo. I stitched it on 28 count Bright White evenweave. I used 2 colors of HDF silk floss I got in a D-Bag. I think the colors are Basic Black and a Black/Purple combo.




Flying Monkeys from Glory Bee. I stitched this on 28 count Antique White Lugana using the recommended floss, except for the lettering at the top, which I changed to Black DMC




and finally, Chocolate is the Answer. This was a complimentary chart from Designs by Lisa. I stitched it on the recommended 28 count Raspberry Jobelan and DMC floss. I plan to have this finished as an ornament one of these days.

1 comment:

sylvie said...

Oh your blog is very beautiful and you stitch a french creation.