Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Update on my Heart Note Alley



Here is my finished part 13, as well as most of 14 and 15. I ran out of Violet for the diamond band and could not finish it. I had to order more from Carrie's Creation threads. As soon as I get it, I can finish up this band.

Every time I stitch on this piece I think of my mom. She loved this design because of the irises...her favorite flower. I had planned on getting it framed and presenting it to her for Mother's Day or her 69th birthday (which would have been this September). Unfortunately, she passed away unexpectedly on September 25, 2011. Now I plan to stitch some kind of memorial for her on the band with the big irises (where the blank spot is). I have yet to decide what I want to do though. I'll have to make up my mind quickly as this project will come to an end soon.

No comments: