Monday, December 31, 2012

Another Year Has Come and Gone

I have not posted in a long while due to a couple of reasons. First off, my computer died so I had limited access to the internet and was unable to update my blog. Secondly, in September I was having carpal tunnel problems with my right hand (the hand I use to hold my Q-snap frame) so I had to give up almost all stitching for 12 weeks (I only stitched on my SAL piece for Sticklounge) so my hand could rest and heal. Now I am back to stitching…boy did I miss it!
This is what I have been up to get finished before the end of the year:


Here is One Nation by ByGone Stitches. I started it in July 2010 and finished it on August 20th. It turned out beautifully. I stitched it on 28ct Caramel Truffel by Sassy's Fabbys and Blacksmith Blue, Cupid, and Antique Lace from Crescent Colours.

I also finished Many Years Ago Sampler:


This design is by Gudi Kolden, a member of the Sticklounge group who generously provided the design for this group. I stitched it on 28ct Bright White Lugana and I used HDF silk floss combo 2111/2125/2143 (dark purple) and #2121 (lavender). I made several changes to the original design to make it more suited to my tastes. I really love how it turned out.

I wish everyone a very Happy New Year! May it be filled with many stitches!

No comments: