Monday, January 05, 2009

End of the Year Finishes



I was on vacation from work for 3 weeks, so I used this time to get some stitching done before the end of the year.

The first photo is my personalized name tree from M Designs. I stitched it over 1 (and nearly went blind!) on 28ct Slate from Enchanted Fabrics. I used Grapevine from HDF. I decided to not do the beads on this as it was hard enough doing the cross stitches and the beads would be even harder for me to do. I plan to make this into an ornament.

The second photo is a companion piece to And the Angels Sang from Little House Needleworks. This design is from the 2008 Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue. It is stitched on a 16ct Silkweaver solor and I used DMC floss instead of the recommended specialty floss. This will be made into an ornament as well.

The third photo is my How Does Your Garden Grow from Papillon Creations. This was a freebie design SAL. Its stitched on 25ct Antique White Lugana. I fell behind around August and had to do some furious stitching to get it done by the end of the year. I really enjoyed this SAL and hope Yvonne from Papillon has another one in store for 2009.

No comments: