Tuesday, May 19, 2009

3 Finishes!

I am so happy to present 3 finishes! The first 2 were finished in April and the last one was finished just last week. This is Kit Kat and Santa's Hat, a cute freebie design from Val's Stuff. Its stitched on 16 count Evergreen Aida from Enchanted Fabrics. I used the recommended floss, except for the 'fur' on the hat. I was supposed to use Whisper thread, but I hate that stuff, so I used 3 strands of B5200. I think it turned out nice.
This is Beach Cottage from Country Cottage Needleworks. Its stitched on 32ct Heritage Lugana from Silkweaver. I love the fabric. Its a lovely pale tan color. And it was wonderful to stitch on. I used the recommended floss on this project. The only 2 changes I made were in the stars. I was supposed to use White floss, but they didn't show up very well, so I did them in yellow. I also didn't use a French knot in the Whale's eye, just a half stitch.
And finally, my favorite piece, Cirque des Carreaux by Ink Circles. This was stitched on 28ct White Opalescent Lugana using Fantasm cotton floss by Carrie's Creation Threads. I love how it turned out. I agonized for a long time over what color thread to stitch this project in and I am so pleased with how the Phantasm worked out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cat, and I just love your Cirque des Carreaux, the colours are beautiful!

Karen said...

All great finishes, but an extra WOW for CdC - that came out so fabulous!!!!

Maxine said...

Absolutely brilliant Amanda, congrats on all your finishes especially Ink Circles you did a great job and the colour is just perfect for it :)

fudgey said...

i adore the cat... what a lovely christmas piece..
but C de C is stunning, love the colour of the threads, but i really love it being done on the sparkley fab, really gives it something special!

Anonymous said...

wow! i love the carries floss you have used it's so lovely. Well done