Monday, October 24, 2011

What I've Been Up To...

A lot has happened since the last time I posted my cross stitch updates. My mother, who I loved very much, passed away from complications of diabetes on September 25th. As you can imagine, I have been devastated by her loss. We were very close, so I feel as if I not only lost my mom, but also my best friend.

Cross stitching has proved to be a source of comfort to me in these difficult times. It helps to keep my mind occupied. So here is what I’ve been working on:



This is a SAL from iStitch. I’m stitching it on Lavender Bliss, using a mystery silk from HDF. I think it is Dark Wisteria. There is only 1 part left and it will be finished.



Here is part 7 of Heart Note Alley. The band with the irises is supposed to show 5 irises. But I plan on omitting the middle iris and inserting some verbiage in memory of my mom. She loved flowers, especially irises and I want to memorialize her on this piece since she loved this design.




Here is the section I stitched on Paule’s round robin. I stitched my band with BaneBerry HDF. The heart design is from Tuscan Rose by Sampler Cove. The verse is from My Needle & My Floss from Waxing Moon. The verse is especially poignant for me as I mentioned earlier, cross stitching helps keep my mind occupied.




And finally, I have one completed project. I finished Purple Garden a while ago, but I am only now getting it posted. I really enjoyed this SAL.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Paule said...

You are a great heart, Amanda.
With all my gratitude. Paule

Maureen said...

So sorry to hear of your loss, i too lost my mum through diabetes a few years back.My thoughts are with you and your. I hope you are finding your stitching some comfort at this time..