Friday, January 13, 2012

2 Finishes and an Update

I have 2 finishes to share, as well as progress on another project.

My final finish for 2011 was this cute little design by Little House Needleworks:



This is Frosty Flakes, from the 2010 Ornament Series. I did a lot of color conversion on this one as I didn’t really care for all the green. However, I cannot take credit for this conversion, as I ‘borrowed’ it from the blog Renee’s Stitching who was kind enough to post the colors she used in hers. Mine is stitched on 28ct Sand Carolina Linen Evenweave using Cobalt Blue and Blue Dreams cotton floss from Carrie’s Creation Threads for the blues and DMC 934 for the greenery.

Before the close of 2011 I did some more stitching on my 6 Fat Men piece:



I’m going to try to get this one done before the end of January.

My first finish for 2012 is


Quaker Noël from Jardin Privé. I stitched it on 28 ct. Bright White Lugana and I used Gigi's Christmas from HDF. I really love how it turned out. It was also a very quick stitch. Thanks to Natalie for the lovely design and Vikki for the lovely silk floss!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Very cute snowmen! Your Quaker Noel is so pretty! I think I may need to stitch that one someday. :)

Mindi said...

Stunning finish of Quaker Noel, I love the floss color. I have some and was really wondering what to use it on.

Love your 6 Fat Men, and the color conversion you used for the LHN ornament.