Monday, February 04, 2013

2 New Projects!

OK, in my last post I said I was going to concentrate on 2 projects for January--Mirabilia holiday cherub and Rosewood Manor's Flowers of Rosehall. A day or two after posting this, I decided to start a brand new project--





SAL abecedaire from Carton-Marie . I've been admiring how this SAL has been unfolding and decided I couldn't hold off any longer so I started it! It took me about 2 1/2 weeks to stitch the first 13 parts and get caught up with the SAL group. I'm stitching it on 28ct White evenweave with Needle Necessities #126 and DMC 838 and 3726 (which are components of NN #126).

The second project I started was Herz Yin Yang freebie offered through the Sticklounge Group:


This design is by Jean-Louis Grandsire. I signed up for this SAL quite a while ago but was unable to start it because I was waiting on the dark purple threads from HDF. They finally arrived last week so I decided I'd better get started on this project because I am way behind (I believe part 4 has been released and I'm still at part 1!). I am stitching it on 28ct White evenweave with HDF silk threads #6119 (dark purple) and combo 2101/2103/3251 (lavender and green combo--even though it looks like lavender and yellow in this horrible photo). Hopefully I will get part 2 soon so I can get stitching on it.

No comments: